Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Buddy Bell?

This might be it, the Royals move that pushes me right over the edge. I may just take my place in line behind every other Royals fan who has lost hope. I can always find some positive spin to put on Royals decisions and performaces. Not this time. I just don't see any good reason for Bell to be hired. I mean not one. His managerial experience is in running franchises that are just as bad as the Royals. His best finish as a manager is third. His best record is 82-80. It's kind of funny, if you look at his managerial record next to the Royals recent records, you may think he had already been managing in Kansas City. Let me look it up and check....
  • Bell: 5 plus seasons, 1 winning season, best finish 3rd, winning percentage .428
  • Royals: last 6 seasons, 1 winning season, best finish 3rd, winning percentage .421

I take it back, the Royals did find improvement.

edited: here is more on the Bell hiring

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home